FIGHTER LV. 11 / TIER 6 MYTHIC: 15 surges/day (and now they are 1D8 surges!)
3,636 Mystery Gold Coins
6 Mystery Silver Coins
5 diamonds, worth 250GP each
[Also gave the new party members a budget of 13K to spend as needed—SPENT]
(1/4 trials completed for Tier 7)
Party Members/Members Party
|STR||26 (28)||+8 (+9)|
|CON||18 (20)||+4 (+5)|
|Base Attack Bonus||+11 (second attack is +6, THIRD ATTACK is +1)|
|Melee (Total)||+19 (+20)|
|HP||121 (132)||+11 hp/lv (+12)|
|AC||10 + 2 +6 (+4 with steel shield)= 18 (22)|
|Fortitude||+7||+4 (+5)||+11 (+12)|
Equipment [For hammer: Disarm, sunder, etc. attempts against the wielder now suffer a -4 penalty, bitches. Also, 3/day, the hammer can fire a lightning bolt (like the spell) as a level 7 caster. This has a range of 100' and does 7d6 electrical damage, or two 50' bolts can be fired instead.]
|Awesome Warhammer - PHB pg. 116||M||B||+28/+23/+18||1D8+16+1D6+1D6(electricity) (1D8+22+D6+1D6 using 2 hands) /19-20 4x Crit.||—||—|
|Dagger||S||P/S||+21/+16/+11||1D4+9 /19-20=2x Crit.||10ft.||—|
|Darts||S||P||+20/+15/+10||1D4 /2x Crit.||20 ft.||ammo|
|Warfan||S||S||+21/+16/+11||1D6+9 /3x Crit.||—||—|
|Manti||L||P||+21/+16/+11||1D8+9 /3x Crit.||—||—|
|Magical Water Pick (heavy/military pick)||M||P||+21/+16/+11||1D6+9 /4x Crit.||—||—|
|Aelphin Battle Sword||M||P/S||+21/+16/+11||1D10+9 /18-20=2x Crit.||—||—|
|Armor Type||Weight||L/M/H||AC||Max DEX|
|Leaf Mail +1 - Armor Check +0 PHB pg. 123||30lbs||M||+6||+8|
|Shirt of Immolation, deals 1D6+10 fire damage per round to attacker while grappling||1 lb.||-||-||-|
|Ranged Heavy Steel Shield, Animated +1 MIC p.13 30 ft. range, cannot be blocked/grabbed 1D8 - remain in same spot||15lbs.||M||+4||-|
|Belt of Physical Prowess +2 STR +2 CON||1 lb.||-||-||-|
|Boots of Levitation - 20 ft. per round vertical movement||2 lbs.||-||-||-|
|OPTIONAL Clothing||Weight||L/M/H||AC||Max DEX|
|Kinsight goggles - Give one to another wearer, see what they see||-||-||-||-|
|Pirate's Eyepatch - +2 swim & climb, touch of the sea 1/day, expeditious retreat 1/day||-||-||-||-|
|Other Equipment||Weight||Source||Misc. Notes|
|Flask, Empty||1.5 lbs.||source||notes|
|Rope, Hempen||10 lbs.||source||notes|
|Rope, Orcish (3)||4 lbs. each||source||notes|
|Grappling hook, collapsible (2)||2 lbs. each||source||notes|
|Housebreaker harness||2 lbs.||source||notes|
|Pitons, burrowing (10)||weight||source||notes|
|Marbles (6)||2 lbs. each bundle||source||notes|
|Instant rope flask (2)||weight||source||notes|
|Twine, Roll||wgt||source||50 ft. length|
|Bag of endless caltrops||1lb.||Adventuring reward||Caltrops wear off after awhile (magical)|
|Trail rations (14 days)||Weight||source||notes|
|Flint & steel||Weight||source||notes|
|Handy Haversack that has 2 side pouches and a central compartment. The side pouches hold 2 cubic feet/20 lb each. The central compartment holds 8 cubic feet/80 lb.||5lbs.||source||notes|
Special Equipment Details
# Lead of the Menehune
# Braided steel cable with bronze and leather harness
# when placed on animal or familiar, gains 30' lead; holder gets +4 animal handling
# 8th lv: grants natural armor +1; fur, scales, or skin takes on slight bronze tone
# 10th lv: grants natural armor +2; fur, scales, or skin takes on slight silvery tone
# 12th lv: natural armor goes to +2; fur, scales, or skin takes on dull steel sheen
# 14th lv: can cast stoneskin at holder's lv 2/day on wearer; while active, fur, scales, or skin takes on adamantine gloss
Aida gains 5 skill points per level.
|Skill||Ability||Class?||Abil Mod||Ranks||Class Bonus||Racial Bonus||Magic||Total|
|Climb+||Str||X||+9||11||+11 (+1)||+27 (+28)|
|Sleight of Hand*+||Dex||+2|
|Use Magic Device*||Cha||+2|
|Use Psionic Device*||Cha||+2|
* denotes a trained-only skill
+ denotes armor check penalty applies
- Simple weapon proficiency
- Martial weapon proficiency
- Light armor proficiency
- Medium armor proficiency
- Heavy armor proficiency
- Shield proficiency
- Tower shield proficiency
- Improved shield bash: Make standard attack to perform shield bash; when doing so, keep shield's AC bonus. Shield bash can be done with any full attack action as off-hand attack (take -2 to attack with primary weapon and -6 with off-hand weapon).
- Toughness: +1 hp/level
- Weapon focus: Warhammer: +1 to hit with a warhammer
- Combat reflexes: Can make up to 1 + Dex mod attacks of opportunity per round
- Hold the line: Can make attacks of opportunities against creatures that charge you.
- Weapon specialization: Warhammer: +2 to damage with a warhammer
- Power attack: Trade attack bonus for damage (up to base attack bonus)
- Dazzling Display: Intimidate 30' radius of character; if foes fail, they take a -2 on attacks, saves, skill checks & ability checks. DC 10 +hit dice + WIS mod; lasts 1 round + 1 for every 5 points player beats the enemy's DC
- Gory Finish: Same effects as Dazzling Display, but get to make a free intimidate check any time player brings foe to negative hit points (intimidate check applies to surrounding foes, not the one just killed)
- Greater weapon focus: Warhammer: +1 to hit with a warhammer
- Improved critical: Warhammer: 19-20 is a critical threat with this weapon
- Vital Strike: On any attack action (i.e., attack or full attack, but not charge or spring attack or similar) made at your maximum attack bonus, you roll an extra die of damage. For ranged attacks, you must be within 30' for this to apply. This extra die is not multiplied on a critical hit.
- Devastating Strike: On any attack action (i.e., attack or full attack, but not charge or spring attack or similar) made at your maximum attack bonus, you gain +2 damage. For ranged attacks, you must be within 30' for this to apply. This extra +2 is multiplied on a critical hit.
Can spend one use of mythic power to add half a mythic tier as a bonus to attack rolls.
- Mythic Warhammer Weapon Focus: doubles weapon focus or greater weapon focus bonus to hit with Warhammer
- Hard to kill: Automatically stabilize at negative HP. Live until negative double CON score HP.
- Mythic power: 3 + double tier per day (e.g., 5/day at 1st tier).
- Surge: Use mythic power to increase any d20 roll by 1d8.
- Champion strike: Sudden Attack; expend one use of mythic power for bonus melee attack at highest attack bonus (in addition to other actions during round). Roll twice and take better result, adding tier to attack roll. Damage bypasses DR.
- Tear Apart: Rend armor of opponent w/ sunder attack; reduce bonus by half mythic tier (min 1).
- Ever Ready: When making attack of opportunity, get additional attack and damage bonus equal to mythic tier. Can make attacks of opportunity even when surprised or flat-footed. Can make 1 additional attack of opportunity per round at 3rd, 6th, 9th tiers.
- Recuperation: At 3rd tier, restored to full HP after 8h rest. Expend use of mythic power and rest 1 hour to regain up to 1/2 HP and any use-per-day-limited class features (reated as 8h rest).
- Precision: On multiple-attack full attack actions, get +5 to hit on every attack but the first (e.g., if attack rolls would normally be +15/+10/+5, would now be +15/+15/+10). Does not grant extra attacks per round.
- Mythic warhammer specialization: Gives player +1 to damage per two mythic tiers.
- Mythic dazzling display: Can make intimidate check as a standard action at -5, move equivalent action at -10, or swift -20. Spend 1 surge on dazzling display attempt to make targets frightened instead of shaken.
- Mythic improved critical: Warhammer damage multiplier increases by 1.
- Climbing Master: +8 bonus to Climb checks and gain natural Climb speed equal to base move rate. Retain Dex bonus while climbing. Can climb perfectly smooth surfaces (Climb DC 40).
- Mythic saves: saves for half versus spells or special abilities become saves to negate.
- Titan's Rage: As a standard action, spend 1 surge to grow to size L. This grants +4 STR, +4 CON, -2 DEX, +2 natural armor bonus, +5 ft. of reach. Adds 1 step to any weapon damage die. Rage effects last a number of rounds equal to 4+ your CON modifier.
- Mythic combat reflexes: Make as many attacks of opportunity per round as you want.
- Shatter Spells: Can destroy magical effect by attacking it with natural attack/unarmed strike. Melee touch and expend 1 use of mythic power. Acts as greater dispel magic using double tier as caster level.
- Mythic vital strike: Essentially multiplies everything on a critical hit.
- Force of Will: At 6th tier, expend use of mythic power to reroll any d20 result (yours or someone else's). Must take second roll.
Toy Dragon: Moxie
Moxie was hatched during the first year the PCs were on the mainland. Her hatch-date is October 9th of that year. Aida acquired her approximately two weeks after she hatched.
Appearance, Age, and Growth:
She is currently about 6 months old and only around 5 or 6 inches in body length. When fully grown, she will be roughly a foot in body length. Her tail will stay about twice as long as her body. She grows at a rate of an inch every two months and will be fully grown somewhere around 2 years of age.
She has iridescent purple scales on her face, back, and legs. Her underbelly is less armored but has indigo scales. Her wings are also indigo. She has two horns and a long, spiny crest down her back that are roughly the same indigo color as her wings and underbelly. She has a small barb on her tail that she uses to hunt. While she has sharp talons on her four legs, they are far too small to do damage to anything larger than the prey she hunts.
Care and Feeding:
While growing, she needs frequent sandbaths, at least one every 10 days. Any kind of sand or gritty dirt can be used. So long as you provide the dirt, she will roll around in it to clean her growing scales and strip the dead, molting scales. Cleansing cantrips like Prestidigitation can also be used to keep her scales clean and non-itchy. She will also swim but does not specifically need to bathe.
She will eat most any type of food, but she prefers meats. She is capable of hunting for herself, but we suggest that you feed her by hand until she is a year old. She eats daily and requires about a pound of meat every week while growing, cutting this by half once she's fully grown.
Your toy dragon will be smarter than a dog or cat and is more easily trained (Int 5). She can learn somewhat complex commands and can be taught to recognize somewhere around 2,000 words. Training is best performed using food rewards and positive reinforcements; unlike many lizards, toy dragons are relatively social and like to be held and scratched, particularly around the wing roots and crest. She will communicate via chirps, clicks, hisses, growls, and purrs, and an attentive owner can learn to discern many messages from these vocalizations.
Toy dragons hunt only creatures smaller than themselves, such as insects, rodents, snakes, or small birds. If threatened by anything larger, they will flee rather than fight unless cornered, and they will flee at the first opportunity. They are friendly and social but perceptive and protective of their friends (those who have fed and cared for them). Tame toy dragons have a tendency when threatened to hide behind the biggest nearby friend so that the threat would have to go through the big (and thus dangerous) foe to get to the dragon.
Diminutive Hatchling - Str 5, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 5, Wis 10, Cha 10; BAB +1, attack +6 (1d2 tail barb, 1 point bite); Speed 15', fly 60' (good); AC 16; hp 13; F/R/W saves +3/+4/+3; spell resistance 12
Tiny Adult (1 yr+) - Str 7, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 5, Wis 12, Cha 10; BAB +2 , attack +6 (1d3 tail barb, 1d2 bite); Speed 15', fly 60' (good); AC 16; hp 21; F/R/W saves +4/+5/+4; spell resistance 12
Tiny Advanced Adult (3 years old) - Str 7, Dex 15 (17), Con 13, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 10; BAB +5, attack +9 (1d3 tail barb, 1d2 bite); Speed 15', fly 60' (good); AC 19; hp 45; F/R/W saves +5/+9/+5; spell resistance 15
Sense Motive +9
Stealth +21 (+25 forests)
Petulant Child Meets Kickass Warrior:
When we recognize our warrior self
We can exhibit strength
Without sacrificing tenderness.
180 + 50 - stuff = Gold from our original side of the bridge
Chris's questions to aid in character development:
What do you look like? Try to describe not just your hair and eye color but also stuff like distinguishing marks/features, mannerisms relating to dress, etc.
Aida has just grown out of her "baby fat" phase and is making up for it in leaps and bounds. Long, strenuous daily trainings have resulted in a sculpted physique and extreme muscle tone. Aida stands tall at 5'11" and weighs in at a solid 180 lbs — all muscle, she'll have you know. Training dictates an extreme control over her center of balance. A control which Aida longs for. Sadly, she is still underneath it all a gangly teenager and as such can fall prey to an ungainly gait and way of carrying herself, often resulting in stumbling or dropping items. Let's face it—bitch is accident-prone.
Who are your parents? Your family? Are they still around?
Excellent question! The strong impression I got from my character initially was that an older sibling, most likely a brother, was a friend of the group. I hero-worshiped that boy and followed him everywhere, tagging along with he and his friends much to their great displeasure and frustration. I really wanted one of the other PCs to be Aida's sibling, but now I'm thinking it might be easier if we kill him off and say he was one of the crowd and now is no longer. And I'm determined to take his place in life, with friends, and in general make our family proud.
I haven't thought too much about our parents. I'm thinking they were typical-for-this-island parents. Father is a merchant or farmer or tradesman, whatever makes the most sense. Yes, I will flesh all this out before the game begins. Mother does whatever the typical mom thing is on the island. They had two children, the heir and the not-so-spare. Can land or estates (meant in the sense of "this is the shit that is bequeathed upon death, be it $ or land or property or bric-a-brac") be entailed? Is that a thing? If so, I'm screwed. If not, I feel like I need to prove myself to my family, my dead brother's memory, and his stupid friends who won't accept me, dammit.
What about friends — got any? Close ones? Regular acquaintances?
Aida was always focused on what her older brother was doing and didn't make time to carve out anything for herself in her life. Everything was done to be accepted with her brother's circle of friends. As a result, bitch is lonely. And she could really use someone other than the family animal(s)? (goat? horse? pig? whatever makes sense, to be determined before we start playing) to talk to. She sometimes talks to her parents, but busy as they are with making a living/keeping a home, the animals are the only ones who will listen to her no matter what.
On the opposite end of that spectrum, what about enemies? How powerful are they?
Aida is too young/too inexperienced/too in her own head and not yet really living her own life to have enemies. I'm sure this will be remedied in due time.
What caused you to move away from home and begin your life of adventuring?
Aida still lives at home or at least still lives in her hometown of Violetford. She is training simultaneously for the city watch and the militia.
Where did you learn the tricks of your trade? Did you receive schooling (most mages and priests do; mages apprentice and priests join a temple, but when, how, and why)? Did you have a natural affinity but little training? Did your parents or another family member teach you?
Aida's had two goals her whole life:
1. Be tough. Join the town's militia/guard/watch/whatevs.
2. Be accepted. Why won't her brother and brother's friends accept her?
Do you belong anywhere (e.g., guild, organization, etc.)? If so, where? How did you get involved?
Outside of her family, the city watch, and the militia she belongs nowhere. That didn't use to bother her. Not sure it does yet, either. She just wants to be accepted into the group of PCs. She doesn't really care how she accomplishes this, and doesn't aspire to any other greatness than that.
That said, if there is a guild or other formal grouping of either people training for militia OR the militia itself then Aida is definitely a member or at least an aspiring member/apprentice.
Is there a deity she should be following? Hmmm…investigate.
What kind of person are you? Try to name some traits of yours… and WHY do you have these traits? Do you even know, or are they just integral to your personality… just because?
Bitch has something to prove. To herself. To her brother/brother's friends. To her parents. She's not the scrawny little skinned-knee brat she was when she was younger. She's strong. She's powerful. She's…still a little bit of a klutz, okay. But she's becoming a force to be reckoned with. Pretty soon (she hopes) she'll be kicking ass and taking names. You know. If she bothers to learn the names.
How do you feel about authority figures? Why?
In the city watch and militia authority is everything. You have to know your place and know how to take orders.
Aida knows this, but she struggles constantly with it.
On the one hand, she wants to be a part of something great. Something that makes a difference in the lives of those around her. She wants people to depend on her. She wants people to sleep easy at night, knowing the best of the best is working hard to keep them safe.
On the other hand, she's VERY SLOWLY starting to realize she can live her life the way she wants it. Maybe she wants to be her own boss. See the world. Fall in love? Crazy idea. Maybe it will become a reality…
But, for now, she is (mostly) content to be a cog in the machine.
Why is your moral code (or alignment, if appropriate) what it is?
Aida, though considered an adult in her culture, is still untried and untested. She doesn't know how she will react to extreme situations because she has not had to deal with them thus far. She'd like to think of herself as a "good little soldier" but is worried that when the chips are down she'll react to instinct-whatever the hell that is. She's honestly never given it too much thought, aside from a tiny niggling idea in the back of her mind when she has very rarely entertained the thought of being her own person, living her own life, and finding her way. But who has time for flights of fancy? Not this chick.
What motivates you deep down inside?
Aida has always wanted to belong. To something. She's been focused for so long on conforming to meet others' standards that she hasn't really given any thought to what she might like to do, what kind of person she would like to be.
Finally, try to list some quirks or identifying mannerisms. I usually aim for between 10 and 20 little quirks, like "strokes his goatee when thinking" or "has trouble looking people directly in the eyes." Just jot down anything that comes to mind about yourself. Don’t forget to jot other notes as you play; half the fun (or more) is how your character can grow during the course of a campaign.
- Youngest of the group
- Perpetually tagging along
- Older brother is Darius
- Hit big growth spurt during adolescence
- Really worked out to prove herself
- Grew up big and strong
- Feels like she's always got something to prove - needs to meet the standards set by her older peers
- Likes the feminine fripperies, but prefers when they can also be useful in some way
- Impulsive due to "youngest" attitude and desire to prove herself
- Starting to train to be a member of the city watch
Family and Relationships
- Vandar Yaren, deceased father
- Hirisa Yaren (Here-REE-sah), mother
- Darias Yaren, older brother
- Tybalt Greenfall, Violetford guardsman, Aida's mentor, and former partner of Vandar
Aida's cat's name is Mousetrap; coincidentally, Darius invented a mechanical mousetrap.
Braided Beard (local hipster traveling band made up of 100% dwarves)
Corpse Disposal (another great band name, but details escape me now 05-17-14)
Aida-relevant quote per Carol
"His friend wasn't particularly good at cursing. He sounded like a child mimicking his elders." - From the book Enchanting the Lady from the Relics of Merlin series
You are a Cougar! (your score: 26)
Powers: Stealth, strength, phenomenal jumping ability, as well as enhanced sight and hearing
Grrr, baby—you're the personification of animal magnetism. Your confidence, beauty, and athleticism make you the target of many romantically inclined individuals. Too bad for them—you don't stick around long enough to make breakfast, much less a lifetime commitment. Hello Kitty, Goodbye Heart.
Best matches: Spiders, Wolverines, Hawks
Watch out for: Swans, Horses, Otters