Finnbarre is an aelphin that the PCs rescued from the Ice Tower. He was the most badly injured of the three surviving captives and was generally non-responsive for a few solid days after his rescue. Yoshirou-Mura spent considerable time working with him to try to get him to break out of that near-catatonia.
Finnbarre is a pale-skinned aelphin. skin tone similar to colors of a birch tree (pale white grey). He also appears to be quite young. He's about 5'3" - on the tall side for an aelphin, but still shorter than Yoshriou-Mura.
Finnbarre hasn't spoken much about his history. When speaking with the party while he was recovering, he admitted that he grew up very far north in the forest and didn't have much exposure to others as a child. He grew up a woodsman and a farmer far from the nearest village. He is quite a skilled woodsman, nearly silent and invisible when he wants to be and quite capable of any general survival skills.
Finnbarre is definitively awkward around other people and is much more comfortable around animals or even alone. He clearly developed something of a crush on Yoshirou-Mura when she was visiting him during his post-Ice Tower convalescence. Despite this, he's very quiet, even around her.
- How does he act?
- He's the aelphin equivalent of a "low-caste" farmboy.
- He's somewhat reluctant to speak with new people, partly because he has an aelphin "hick accent."
- He's also not well-cued into detailed aelphin body language
- He has a lot to be afraid of - he's not familiar with any of the things he's encountering, but he doesn't want to let his fear and ignorance control him. He is, at heart, a team member, not a leader.
- He wants to make things better, but he doesn't necessarily want to be acknowledged for doing so.
- He's also angrier at the demons than most aelphin, mostly since he's seen more of them than most.
- He wants to take the fight to the demons mostly because he wants his family to be able to live their lives without having to worry about these demon invasions.
- What does he want?
- See the world.
- Serve his people.
- Repay the PCs for the favors they did to him.
- Why is he still with the PCs?
- A part of this is Yoshirou-Mura - he's got quite a crush on her.
- Another reason is that he always wanted to see the world, or at least the "aelphin" world - this is more than he'd ever hoped for.
- On a related note, he wanted to learn how to better defend his family. He's worried about them without him here, but he is confident that since he got the word back (with the help of the PCs) to the aelphin leaders, they will be helping all of his kin in the northern lands.
- This brings us to his debt to the PCs - they rescued him and, in essence, saved his family much trouble. He's working with them to pay it back.
Finnbarre uses a fighting style clearly derived from the same family of skills as Yoshirou-Mura's. Where she chooses to fight with a relatively heavy blade and a dagger, however, he fights with a balanced pair of light thrusting blades. He appears nearly ambidextrous. He is also quite competent as a bowman, though Yoshirou-Mura's skills vastly outshine his.
Level 12 Ranger
Tier 5 Guardian (0 of 3 trials completed)
Needed For Next Level: 78,000
|AC (dharven chain)||22 (24)|
|Aelphin light blade (solo)||+19/+14/+9||1d6+6||19-20/x2||n/a||S/P||6 lb|
|Aelphin light blade (right)||+17/+12/+7||1d6+6||19-20/x2||n/a||S/P||6 lb|
|Aelphin light blade (left)||+17/+12/+7||1d6+6||19-20/x2||n/a||S/P||6 lb|
|Dagger (melee)||+17/+12/+7||1D4+6||19-20/x2||n/a||P||1 lb|
|Dagger (missile)||+17/+12/+7||1D4+6||19-20/x2||10'||P||1 lb|
|Composite Longbow||+19/+14/+9||1D8+3||x3||110'||P||2 lb|
|Ammo||No.||Hit Bonus||Dmg Bonus||Crit Bonus||Range Bonus||Wt|
|Normal Arrows||20||0||0||0||n/a||3 lb|
|Aelphin War Arrows +1||60||-1||+1D||19-20/x3||-20'||3 lb|
|Armor Type||Weight||L/M/H||AC||Max DEX||ACP|
|Dharven Lightsteel Chain||8 lb||light||+5||+6||-0|
|Ring of Protection +1||0 lb||light||+1||—||-0|
|Amulet of Natural Armor +1||1 lb||light||+1||—||-0|
- Aelphin Light Blade
- +1 keen aelphin lightblade
- +1 dagger
- Dharven Lightsteel Chain Shirt +1
- Ring of protection +1
- Amulet of natural armor +1
- Brooch of Feather Fall, single-use
- Composite Longbow
- Efficient Quiver
- Holds 60 arrows, 20 javelins, 3 spears or bows
- Mimetic Rod
- Copy text by passing rod over page and pressing gemstone, leaving original text untouched
- Press other stone to write text to new surface, erasing it from rod
- Can only copy 2 pages of text at a time
- Can copy but not "freely transcribe" spells; cannot copy magical traps
- 9th lv: can copy faces - wave in front of person's face or high-quality reproduction; can then use that face to cast disguise self 10 min per char lv on another; can only store 1 face at a time
- 11th lv: can translate stored text to any other language named by user
- 14th lv: can copy and reproduce magical traps
|Skill||Ability||Class?||Abil Mod||Ranks||Class Bonus||Racial Bonus||Magic||Total|
|Sleight of Hand*+||Dex||cl||mod||rnk||class||race||magic||tot|
|Use Magic Device*||Cha||cl||mod||rnk||class||race||magic||tot|
|Use Psionic Device*||Cha||cl||mod||rnk||class||race||magic||tot|
* denotes a trained-only skill
+ denotes armor check penalty applies
% denotes a skill only applicable to shapeshifter races
- Nimble Moves: Ignore 5' of difficult terrain when moving.
- Weapon Focus (Aelphin Light Blade): +1 bonus to hit with aelphin light blades.
- Weapon Focus (Longbow): +1 bonus to hit with longbows or composite longbows.
- Track: Can track enemies using search or survival checks.
- Wild Empathy: +2 bonus on Knowledge(nature) and Survival checks.
- Two-Weapon Fighting: Reduces base penalty for fighting with two weapons to -4/-4 (or -2/-2 if the off-hand weapon is a light weapon).
- Weapon Finesse: Use Dex modifier instead of Str modifier as the to-hit bonus when using light weapons.
- Improved Two-Weapon Fighting: Can take a second attack with off-hand weapon at a -5 penalty.
- Greater Two-Weapon Fighting: Can take a third attack with off-hand weapon at a -10 penalty.
- Two-Weapon Defense: While wielding two weapons, gain +1 shield bonus to AC.
- Endurance: +4 bonus to any checks to resist nonlethal damage from exhaustion and checks to continue running or holding your breath. Can sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
- Fast Movement (+10'): Gain 10' additional movement rate.
- Woodland Stride: May move through any normal vegetation without impediment (e.g., thorns, briars, overgrown terrain, and similar).
- Swift Tracker: Can track at full movement rate.
- Acrobatics: Gain +2 to balance, tumble, and fly checks; bonus increases to +4 if more than 10 ranks in that skill.
- Trackless Step: Does not leave a trail and cannot be tracked except by a ranger or druid at least 4 levels higher.
- Poison Immunity: Gains immunity to all non-mythic poisons. +4 to saving throws to resist mythic poisons.
- Combat Expertise: Trade 3 points of attack bonus for 3 points of AC.
- Camouflage: Can hide in forest, woods, or other areas of dense vegetation even if the area wouldn't normally grant any concealment.
Mythic Feats and Class Features
- Surge: 3 + 2x Mythic Tier surges per day (currently 9)
- Absorb Blow: Immediate action; can use one mythic surge per day to absorb 5 hp/tier damage from single source
- Knowledgeable Guardian: Double tier bonus on Knowledge checks to identify monsters including checks to learn special powers/vulnerabilities. Free action, spend one mythic power to telepathically communicate this information to all allies with 100'.
- Sudden Block: Immediate action; can use one mythic surge per day to force attacker to roll twice and take lower roll on attack vs. you or adjacent ally. Add tier to your (or ally's) AC vs. this attack. Once the attack is resolved, you or your ally (your choice) can make one melee attack against the creature. The damage from this attack bypasses DR.
- Earth Protection: If in contact with earth or unworked stone, can expend one mythic power as standard action to grant all allies within 30' DR 10/adamantine for 1 minute.
- Recuperation: After 8 hours of rest, all HP recovered. Spend 1 mythic power to rest for 1 hour and recover 1/2 full HP plus use of any class features limited to x/day uses. This doesn't recover mythic abilities.
- Mythic Weapon Finesse: Use Dex mod instead of Str as modifier for damage rolls with light weapons as well.
- Mythic Two-Weapon Fighting: Expend 1 mythic surge to eliminate all penalties for two-weapon fighting for (tier) rounds.
- Mythic Two-Weapon Defense: Apply highest bonus from two weapons to shield bonus granted by the feat.
- Parry Spell: Immediate action, use 1 mythic power to block a spell targeting you or an adjacent ally. Must be a ray or a single-target spell that has some kind of DC. The level of the spell must also be equal to or lower than your tier. Make attack roll; if greater than the spell's attack roll or save DC, the spell has no effect on the intended target (though other targets are affected normally if applicable). Spells with neither a DC nor an attack roll such as magic missile cannot be affected by this ability.
- Turn the Tables: Immediate action. If creature attempts combat maneuver against you and misses, you may spend 1 mythic power to attempt that same combat maneuver against them with a +10 bonus.
- Mythic Combat Expertise: Additional +2 to AC when using combat expertise. Spend 1 mythic power to negate attack penalty of combat expertise for 1 minute.
Can only cast 3 lv 1, 3 lv 2, 2 lv 3 spells per day. Bolded spells are favorites.
- Animal Messenger
- Calm Animals
- Charm Animal
- Delay Poison
- Detect Poison
- Endure Elements
- Hide from Animals
- Pass Without Trace
- Resist Energy
- Speak With Animals
- Summon Nature's Ally I
- Bear's Endurance
- Cat's Grace
- Cure Light Wounds
- Owl's Wisdom
- Protection from Energy
- Speak with Plants
- Spike Growth
- Summon Nature's Ally II
- Wind Wall
- Command Plants
- Cure Moderate Wounds
- Diminish Plants
- Magic Fang, Greater
- Neutralize Poison
- Plant Growth
- Reduce Animal
- Remove Disease
- Repel Vermin
- Summon Nature's Ally III
- Tree Shape
- Water Walk